Wednesday, February 1, 2012

In response to Rachel's post...



Question: What are some courses you have taken outside of your major? And did you learn anything worthwhile?
I have taken a lot of courses at Keene State that either had to do with my major or had nothing to do with my major at all like the ISP courses. I am taking a Photography class this semester and I really didn’t think that I would be doing much besides taking pictures, but actually I have learned a lot about the camera. This class has taught me many different ways to take picture and make them look interesting. I thought that by taking this lower level class I could just pass it easily, but it’s a lot more then just a class that takes photos. I’m actually learning a lot and getting a lot experience on how to take a good picture/what makes a good picture. You have to know how to adjust the colors on the photo, you really need to know your camera and all the different functions it has, and how to print certain photos, not just taking pictures. By taking a random class it broadens your horizon, I believe the more experience/opportunities the better. In my other post about should everyone take a Marketing/Management class it’s they same thing learning something new isn’t going to hurt it’s going to give you more experience and make you learn something that you didn’t know before. Was there ever a course that you took that you didn’t learn anything from? Do you think some major should have more courses than others?

No comments:

Post a Comment